Alluxa is looking for talented individuals who enjoy fast-paced work environments, like to think smarter, and want to be rewarded for ground-breaking ideas. Our company is growing and we need driven and energetic people to help us to continue to achieve our goals.
The Senior Automation Engineer is responsible for leading the design, build, and implementation of automated systems for in house manufacturing of optical filters. Systems include collaborative robots, vision systems, and motion control stages. Applications include optical measurement systems, robotic part handling, vacuum coating equipment. Work within an experienced team of machine designers, production engineer, and R&D scientists.
- Manage automation projects from concept, detailed design, build, and commissioning.
- Specify and integrate sensors, motion control axes, and other industrial controls equipment.
- Develop software for control and user interface of automation systems
- Troubleshoot and maintain existing automated systems
- B.S. degree in Electrical or Mechatronic Engineering or related discipline
- 5+ years industry experience
- 3+ years demonstrated success in designing and commissioning industrial automation systems.
- 3+ years knowledge of engineering principles and practices.
- 3+ years of experience in architecting, owning, and executing complex manufacturing automation systems.
- Experience in vacuum coating, optics, or semiconductor fields
- Specify and integrate sensors, motion control axes
- Design and integrate mechanical and electrical subsystems
- Develop data acquisition software and interface to MES database.
- Universal Robots or similar common industrial robot brands.
- Vision systems, either OTS or developed in OpenCV or similar platform.
- PLC interfacing with Siemens or Allen Bradley PLCs and knowledge of industrial communication protocols.
- Excellent computer skills – Microsoft Office Suite (Word; Excel)
- Proficiency in coding (preferably C# or Python).
- Experience creating and using robotics/mechatronics to build automated solutions.
- Experience working with a wide range of sensors and actuators, and building circuits/systems that interface with them.
- Experience specifying robotic hardware setup and software options for a wide variety of automation solutions.
- Ability to work with manufacturing team to understand the problem, develop a solution, and provide continued support.
- Strong troubleshooting and debugging skills.
Non-Exempt – Full Time
The Senior Coating Technician will provide high level technical and logistics support for the coating chamber operations in process development and testing. Will work on new and complex manufacturing processes and will follow established policies, processes, guidelines, and methods to accomplish work.
- Operates coating and metrology equipment and processes wafers, parts, and data.
- Provides high level technical and logistics support in the area of coating manufacturing, process development, and testing.
- Oversees logistics support in set-up, scheduling, and managing the workflow to ensure established procedures are being met while maintaining high quality workmanship.
- Performs assembly, maintenance, and repairs of equipment as needed. Establishes and maintains preventive maintenance procedures and records for all manufacturing processes.
- Leads and utilizes continuous improvement techniques i.e. Lean Manufacturing, 5-S as required.
- Will work under general supervision from the Principal Engineer
- Supports normal coating manufacturing operations as availability allows.
Has worked in a precision optical manufacturing environment. Has extensive knowledge in optical fabrication and glass manufacturing, machining, and polishing processes. B.S. Degree in optical/mechanical engineering, physics, or science/mathematics field preferred, or a minimum of 5 years equivalent work experience in a senior optical fabrication role. Supervisory experience will be helpful.
- Provide technical and logistics support for the manufacturing department, including process development and testing.
- Process wafers and data within the Chamber operations.
- Perform wafer disposition and data analysis.
- Assist with logistics support in set-up, scheduling, and managing the workflow in the chambers
- Perform routine maintenance and changing fluids on equipment. Trouble shoot, repair, and maintain mechanical equipment and systems.
- Will work on own with limited supervision. Self-starter.
- Can multitask
- AA Degree and/or some college (engineering/physical sciences)
- Operates metrology equipment and processes wafers, parts, and data.
- Performs flatness measurements (determines if part is good or bad and/or with specifications)
- Writes documentation for lab processes.
- Performs wafer and part disposition and data analysis
- Will work on own with limited supervision. Self-starter.
- Can multitask
- Comfortable working on a computer
- Set up on a testing machine to analyze parts
- Some college helpful (engineering/physical sciences)
- Parts disposition experience a plus
Responsible for the design of optical thin films, supporting thin film coating equipment and processes, and working with R&D to transfer new concepts to manufacturing. Assists with establishing systematic solutions and processes to improve process yields, product quality, engineering efficiencies, and process consistencies. Proactively manages program risk through risk identification and mitigation processes. Act as primary contact for equipment and hardware performance related questions and concerns.
Bachelor of Science or in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering, Physics and/or a related degree or other science discipline. At least 5 years industry experience. Excellent knowledge of fundamental engineering principles and practices is essential. Experience in optical field a plus. Thin Film Design, TFCalc, OptiLayer, or other design tools preferred.
Full-Time – Week days; day shift and/or swing shift
The manufacturing technician will provide technical and logistical support for the manufacturing department in the testing and measurement of optical thin film parts. Will work within manufacturing processes and perform detailed measurements using optical metrology equipment. Will use optical thin film test equipment and protocols.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Prefer experience working with spectrophotometers and other measurement tools.
The PLE works closely with customers and internal engineering to provide customer engineering support and RFQ responses. Working from pre-sale applications engineering, to supporting quotation and execution of the order, the PLE is responsible for providing everything necessary to help our customers succeed. PLE may also help to develop and optimize internal technologies and processes to enable product realization as necessary. Less than 10% travel may be required.
BS degree in Optical, Electrical, or Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, or related field. Up to 5 years industry experience. Experience with optical thin films is a plus.
Strong ability to function in a cross functional team environment.
Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, fluid environment.
Exceptional interpersonal and internal / external relationship skills.
Successful candidates will be self-motivated and have strong analytical skills used to make data driven decisions.
Full-Time – Second Shift and Weekends
Will provide technical and logistical support for the manufacturing and engineering departments in the area of optical thin films and coating manufacturing, equipment/process development, and testing. Duties will include setting up moderately complex engineering processes, metrology validation/calibration, and reading and interpreting engineering drawings of parts, tooling, and equipment.
Senior Technician – High School diploma or equivalent required. 5+ years manufacturing experience. 2+ years experience working with thin film coating and coating equipment and protocols/or related applications preferred. Associate Degree in mechanical, physical sciences, engineering technology or electronics field preferred. Proficient in mathematics and scientific principles/units. Proficient with AutoCAD /SolidWorks.
FT – Weekends Required
Will accurately and efficiently assemble and test moderately complex products to achieve customer quality and on-time deliveries. Duties will include operating testing and fabrication equipment and performing functional testing on finished in process products. The ability to understand and read blue prints and test specifications.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Prefer 1-year assembly experience in a manufacturing environment. Good mechanical background and the ability to read schematic drawings preferred. Must be able to perform basic mathematical calculations as related to manufacturing processes.
Full-Time – Second Shift and Weekends
Will accurately and efficiently assemble and test moderately complex products to achieve customer quality and on-time deliveries. Duties will include the operating of testing and fabrication equipment and performing functional testing on finished in process products. The ability to understand and read blue prints and test specifications and working within a team environment.
High school diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Prefer 1-year assembly experience in a manufacturing environment. Good mechanical background and the ability to read schematic drawings preferred. Able to perform basic mathematical calculations as related to manufacturing processes.
Full-Time – Day Shift
Responsible for engineering support for the production of the company’s thin film products. Duties include being the technical interface with the manufacturing team, working closely with R&D to ensure that product designs and upgrades are transferrable to the manufacturing process, and for being the technical contact for the manufacturing department. Will assist the Operations Manager with establishing systemic solutions and processes to improve process yields, product quality, engineering efficiencies, and process consistencies.
Bachelor of Science in Mechanical and/or Electrical Engineering and/or a related degree in physics or other science discipline with 5 years industry experience; or MS degree with 2 years industry experience preferred. Statistical process control, thin film filter design, interferometry, and spectrophotometry experience preferred. Above average knowledge of engineering principles, processes, and practices. Related experience in optical field and clean room protocols preferred.
Part-Time / Full Time – Weekends; May include a day during the week if available.
Will provide technical and logistics support for the manufacturing department in the area of optical thin films and coating manufacturing, process development, and testing. Duties will include working on moderately complex manufacturing processes and performing metrology calibration; operating metrology equipment and processing wafers, parts, and data within the Chamber operations.
High School diploma or equivalent (GED) required. Some college coursework and/or an Associate Degree in mechanical, physical sciences, engineering technology or electronics field preferred. Computer proficiency is required. 2+ years working with thin film coating and/or related application preferred.
Alluxa offers a competitive total compensation program that fits employee needs and rewards high performance. Employee benefit programs include:
- Competitive Base Salary and Annual Bonus Program
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Plans
- Group Life Insurance; Short Term and Long Term Disability Plan
- 401(k) with Employer Match
- Paid Time Off (starting at 3 weeks)
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Contribution Towards Health Club Dues