- Operates CNC machine by setting up and fabricating and/or machining parts as assigned.
- Studies and understands blueprints, drawings, specifications, etc. to determine dimensions and tolerances of finished parts, sequence of operations, and setup requirements.
- Selects, aligns, and secures the holding fixture, and selects the cutting tools on machine as necessary to machine parts as required.
- Enters commands and selects computerized machine control media according to established guidelines and procedures.
- Starts and observes machine operation to detect malfunctions or out-of-tolerance machining, and adjusts machine controls as required.
- Performs routine maintenance on machine.
- High school diploma. College coursework in machine tooling and/or some college in technical field helpful
- Basic Computer skills
- Attention to detail