Product Line Engineer
The Product Line Engineer is a key contributor of the sales and marketing department overseeing the implementation of product pricing, service, and management of product specifications to develop new and existing business with our target customers and/or existing customers. This position operates at a strategic and tactical level across a wide range of functions and disciplines. This includes partnering with both marketing and engineering to develop detailed feature requirements with regional sales personnel gathering customer requirements and supporting key customer sales. This role also contributes to the creation of sales and marketing materials such as presentations, whitepapers, case studies, etc.
Manage and communicate pricing decisions to company stakeholders.
Prepare quotation specifications and manage product specifications as required.
Review and communicate pricing requirements and decisions with internal stakeholders including engineering, marketing, management, and other business departments.
Contribute to the creation of sales/marketing plans and collateral: user documentation, competitive analysis, demos, presentations, whitepapers, case studies, value proposition messages, etc.
Write detailed Product Requirement Documents (PRD)
Work independently but also closely with the sales team to help develop key customers and key accounts in order to support the product and its strategically important capabilities.
- BS/BA degree in Optical, Electrical, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics or related field.
- Up to 5 years industry experience
- Experience with optical thin films is a plus
- Strong ability to function in a cross functional team environment.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast paced, fluid environment
- Exceptional interpersonal and internal / external relationship skills
- Successful candidates will be self-motivated and have strong analytical skills used to make data driven decisions.
- Less than 10% travel may be required