Alluxa and COVID – 19
March 18, 2020
Greetings Friends, Colleagues and Customers of Alluxa,
As of March 18, 2020 Sonoma County has issued a Shelter in Place order to help combat the spread of the pandemic gripping the state of California as well as the country. http://sonomacounty.ca.gov/CAO/Press-Releases/Health-Officer-Orders-County-Residents-Shelter-in-Place/
Alluxa is considered an essential business as a bio technology company manufacturing high performance thin film interference filters for PCR equipment used specifically for the detection of the COVID – 19 virus, as well as the manufacture of filters for DNA sequencing, which are used to study the virus, its mutations and possibilities for a vaccine. As such we will remain open with limited on-site staff with new social distancing requirements on the factory floor. Our administrative and engineering staff will be working from home. I’m personally very proud that we can contribute in our small way towards helping in the fight.
We continue to be in close touch with local government officials on details as events unfold. Safety and health comes first.
In response to the COVID–19 pandemic, Alluxa has made operational changes in order to ensure that we are providing a safe environment for employees while helping to slow the spread of the COVID-19 virus in our community. We expect these changes to allow us to maintain full production capacity as well as to maintain our customer service and responsivity. Necessary adjustments will be made as the situation evolves.
- Anyone who has been exposed, or suspects exposure will be asked to stay home.
- We are instituting a work from home plan for administrative, engineering and sales and marketing functions, and adding new collaborative communication software.
- Operations is re-organizating to space out some work-stations to ensure 6 foot separation between people.
- We are doing regular enhanced cleaning of the factory, in particular high touch areas.
- We have limited the use of communal food and communal eating areas
- We have eliminated non-essential travel
- We are postponing all non-essential outside visitors
Please check back here for more information as we update our plans to fit a fast-moving and fluid situation.